Sunday, March 28, 2010

Edible Arrangements... Cupcake style.

My ideas just seem to be in full bloom this Spring...

As I was watching television, a commercial for Edible Arrangements came on and an idea came in my head... These arrangements sure are delicious, but they don't last much longer than flowers, if they last that long in the first place. The new craze in the country seems to be cupcakes so I thought it would be an ingenious idea to put the two together and make cupcake bouquets.

I decided to make mini cupcakes for the bouquet for several reasons:

-They are bite size.
- A lot more can fit in one vase making the bouquet look full.
- Normal cupcakes would be too heavy.
- Lastly, a lot more can be made from one batch of batter.

To make them absolutely delicious I decided to use a butter cream frosting instead of my usual fondant. I don't have that much experience with piping bags so I was a little worried but I was able to flow with it pretty well.
Here are the cupcakes alone:


Here is the bouquet:
These can be made in any color of your choice, and are great for birthdays, mother's day or are just a cute way to make a person smile (and keep smiling). The frosting is can be vanilla, strawberry or cream cheese. The cake can be made in a flavor of your choice but lighter colors look better.










1 comment:

  1. I l.o.v.e. this!!!!! This is so creative and amazing! yummmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete