Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Baby Cakes and Little Pieces of Heaven

To all my little cupcakes out there,

This is OFFICIALLY my first step towards the sweet life. I decided to take on something a little more challenging than just your normal everyday cake, though you can be reassured that there will be much dabbling in that field soon to come.

This weekend I tried my hand at making a baby girl cake. I wanted to create a full bodied baby girl, that tasted as cute and scrumptious as it looked. Seeing that my past adventures into fondant weren't half bad I decided to use it for the baby. The inside was milk chocolate butter cream icing and vanilla cake. Check it out, Let me know what you think!




Now tell me that's not the cutest edible thing you've ever seen? I'm still mastering the art of fondant but this wasn't too bad of a start.


Little Pieces of Heaven

This weekend I also decided to make one of my new favorite quick and simple treats, Cake Bonbons! They are candy coated cake & frosting balls and YES they are as delicious as they sound. They can be made in any color & flavor that you chose. These below are vanilla cake covered in pink white chocolate and were a hit at the baby shower.


Other yummy combinations:

- Red velvet & cream cheese frosting covered in white chocolate

- Fudge cake covered in milk chocolate

- Carrot cake covered in vanilla candy


5 comments:

  1. This is reallyyy exciting Yasmeeen!! Blogging is great! I'm happy now I can follow up on the new and innovative ideas you come up with.. perhaps even I could become one of your taste testers lol that red velvet with cream cheese sounds divine.. CONGRATS! inshallah only goodness comes from this :0)

    -Hassanah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Now you're going to leave me craving cake at all times of the day! Everytime I forget, you'll post another blog of something extremely tempting and yummy! Why I oughta...
    J/K! This is a great first step towards creating your cakedom! You have proven to be extremely skilled at baking through your recent efforts at our family events. I can't wait to see what else you have in that little cute head of yours! Love you!

    -Karimo

    ReplyDelete
  3. man you are talented!! What's gonna happen if you decide to take lessons!! Next think I know you will be featured on food network!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yasmeen,

    This is phenomenal! Those cake bonbons are mouth-watering! I am so excited for you and I truley look forward to following you on your journey!

    Best of Luck <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yasmeen good luck. I can see that in the future, inshallah, you'll open your own patisserie. It will be the cutest patisserie in town.

    ReplyDelete